A week and a half ago as I was studying at the kitchen table when I heard a knock at the front door. So I did what I always do. I hid. About 99% of the time, a knock at the front door means someone is trying to get us to vote for so and so or sign some sort of petition. Stella on the other hand did not hide. She went straight up to the window and barked. And barked. And barked.
A minute or two later I heard the porch door close so I tip toed my way to the window to see A. Johnson's & Sons flower van sitting outside. What?! Someone was bringing me flowers and I didn't answer the door! The driver was just sitting in the front seat and not leaving! Then the phone rings. It's the driver. "Just letting you know I dropped off some flowers on your front porch." Me: "Oh great! I'm just on my way home right now!" Yep. I fibbed a bit:)
Finally he drove off and I stepped onto the front porch to find these...
For the first time in my life, Joe sent me flowers with a message that read, "Sorry we haven't been able to see each other this week. I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you."
I know. So sweet.
But can I let you in on a little secret? I may have put a tiny buzz in his ear about how it'd be nice to get flowers every once in a while even though I know they're expensive and usually die in a week. My sister recently was sent flowers from her husband and I didn't complain to Joe about never getting flowers but did say how nice it was. Hint Hint.
Then the next day these came.
No comments:
Post a Comment