I have been working on a couple projects lately around the house and although one is not 100% finished, I couldn't wait to share them with you! I've been wanting to put up a gallery of frames in our upstairs hallway for quite some time so I started working on it. I wanted to share pictures of our travels, art we either did or found...basically anything and everything that could be put in a frame that meant something to us.
A couple weekends ago I picked up eleven frames from IKEA for $50! Talk about cheap!! And you see those two dark frames in the back? Well, I had four of them that Joe let me do a little makeover on.
Here they are with a few other frames from around the house I found to use.
I picked up some primer/paint in one to work a little magic on these frames!
Drying!
Then I went to Goodwill to browse their frame selection. I picked up another eleven for $30 although I've only used a couple of them. I didn't like how some of them turned out and ended up not needed as many as I thought. Oh well...
I needed more spray paint so off to Menard's I went and I ended up picking up these. The primer/paint in one worked just fine but I though I'd try this as well.
I really need to wear gloves...my hands were white for days!
And off to work I went...
So, here's the hallway I wanted to make my gallery in. I took the Sunday paper and cut it up to the sizes of the frames I had. Then I used some painter's tape to put them on the walls to help me visually see where/how to place them without creating dozens of holes. Once I got all the frames up, the hallway seemed really small and tight. I should have taken a picture for you to see but I got to excited trying out another spot.
Welcome to above our couch in the living room. The frames and layout looked much better here...so out came the nails again and...
Wha-la! I love it! I love the layout, the look of it, everything about it! Now we just have to find pictures for our frames!
And I continued with the frames upstairs! Again, totally loving the look of it!
And I kept two of the big ones in the hallway.
Now for the second project that has been hanging over my head since the end of June. Joe and I FINALLY finished painting the stairs!
So glad to have our big painting project done!
Just in time for school to start a week from today. Boo.
No comments:
Post a Comment