Remember back in May I shared my hopes and dreams for the future? Okay, maybe it wasn't quite my hopes and dreams but my summer "to do" list. Unfortunately, it looks as if my list will not be completed seeing that today is August 1st and I start up second semester of nursing school on the 27th = I'll never see the light of day until next May. Ugh. I'm giving myself one more week before I start thinking about packing up my backpack again.
Anyway, I did knock off one of the tasks listed on it the other day between working overnights the past two nights and trying to catch up on my sleep during the day. I now present to you my cork board cupboard! I picked up these cork tiles from Target for less than $7 smackaroos.
Here's the lucky cupboard! And cheesy art!
The tiles were a little too big for the space I wanted to fit them in so out came the scissors and more cheesy art!
Then I did the dirty work...measuring and cutting.
The tiles came with their own sticky fasteners which are stil holding up!
Ta-da! I only put up two tiles since I'm barely tall enough as it is to reach the top of the one above.
Here's a look at the final product! Everytime we get something in the mail (like wedding save-the-dates and postcards) they end up under piles of papers in the office. Now, I can pin them up and enjoy them for a bit!
Oh remember when Joe broke the rules and gave me a little something for our one year? This was in the card... Gotta love the office.
Updated Summer To Do List
For the house:
* make curtains for
the kitchen
* paint living
room/hallway/bedroom
* picture collage
in living room/upstairs hallway
* find new
bedspread for our room
* build coffee
table
* build
bookshelf
* build shelf &
bench for kitchen
* make curtains for
living room
* finish Xmas tree
skirt
* wash bottles from
wedding
* corkboard
cupboard
* blinds for
bathroom
* frame both
bathroom mirrors
* XL shower
curtain
For the yard:
* plant wine
barrel
* add
plants/flowers behind garage - This pot of flowers count, right?
* build a
deck
* keep growing
grass & picking weeds
* border around
front/side of house
Can't forget about
food:
* can lots of
different things - I'm counting my jelly making day here!
* prepare freezer
meals
Yep, it's going to hard to finish this in 27 days. I'll save it for next summer!
Joe and I are headed to Chicago tomorrow through Sunday so happy early weekend to you!








No comments:
Post a Comment