The motion in the ocean, er, kitchen didn't stop at the Pickled Hot Banana Peppers I told you about in yesterday's post. During our trip to the farmers' market I also picked up myself some zucchini! I have a couple recipes I used the zucchini to share with you so I'll start off with the recipe for Zucchini Bread! You'll have to wait another day for my other recipe:)
What you'll need for TWO loaves of bread. I cut everything in half and just made one loaf. Mistake number one because the loaf is almost gone. I made it two days ago.
3 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. soda
3 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. baking powder
3 beaten eggs
2 c. sugar
3 tsp. vanilla
1 c. oil
3 c. grated zucchini (Peel and seed if you wish.) I only peeled the zucchini, seeds were left in.
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. soda
3 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. baking powder
3 beaten eggs
2 c. sugar
3 tsp. vanilla
1 c. oil
3 c. grated zucchini (Peel and seed if you wish.) I only peeled the zucchini, seeds were left in.
You can add a cup of nuts or raisins if you wish. (I added raisins.)
Bake in 2 greased bread pans, 325-350 degrees for 45-50 minutes, or until done. (350 degrees for about 50 minutes worked for me!)
Here's my zucchinis - which I have never before bought in my life!
I mixed all the dry ingredients in one bowl and the liquids in another. Does it really matter how you mix it? Probably not. But that's just what I did. Next, mix all ingredients together (dry and liquid) adding the zucchini last. Before I added the zucchini the texture was a little weird to me (just felt like a bunch of sugar) but the zucchini was really moist so it added some "wetness" to the batter. Sorry for those of you who don't like the words "moist" and "wetness" haha.
Fifty minutes later the oven blessed us with this beauty. My Mom said the picture made it look like the bread was flat but it really wasn't. And the best part...it's de-lish-ous!
Happy Baking!



No comments:
Post a Comment