Happy 4th of July! Er, well now 5th of July but I hope everyone had a great day celebrating America yesterday. We hit an actual temp of 101 degrees...with the heat index it felt like 110 degrees or something like that. hot! Hot! HOT! Joe and I worked on a very big project all day long in the AC, more details on that Monday and then we walked to the fireworks. Stella did great too and the loud booms didn't seem to bother her.
After Joe gets home from work today, we're packing up our stuff and headed to the lake for the weekend! We are so excited to finally get out to the cabin (Joe's parent's cabin) and soak up the sun! Then on Sunday we'll be celebrating his grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary with them and the family!!
Before I get to baking some goodies to bring with us, packing, laundry, grocery shopping and whatever else I need to get together I thought I'd share some photos from Sadie and Tyler's groom dinner and I have a story to share with you as well...
Now for the story. So my Mom and I had put out a couple plates of homemade bars before the rehearsal started and when we were done she went back in there to start bringing in the food. What she found was an empty plate of bars including the saran wrap with scratch marks on the tablecloth. The culprit...Stella. My heart sank with the thought of all the chocolate in those bars. I lost it and was in tears while my calm sister Andrea called a vet to see what we needed to do.
The magic answer: Hydrogen Peroxide. We had to give her 3 tablespoons of that stuff which helped to induce some vomiting action. Thankfully she was able to get everything up and out, including the saran wrap in about five separate rounds. Thanks for giving me a heart attack Stella. My mom's words to me...Welcome to Motherhood. Thanks Mom.






No comments:
Post a Comment