On Friday I told you all I'd be posting about my sister's wedding but I'm still going through 600+ pictures and trying to narrow them down so you can get the jist of the day. I can tell you that it was a beautiful day filled with lots of love. The newlyweds are actually staying with Joe and I tonight...hope they can survive the 90+ degree heat!
I did want to share a new dessert I made with you and it's perfect for the Fourth! I think I might make it again for the cabin this weekend!
For the Crust you'll need:
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter - melted
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well. Press firmly in a 9x13 baking pan and bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees. Then cool - you can stick it in the fridge to speed up the process.
For the filling you'll need:
One 8 oz cream cheese - softened
1/4 cup of sugar
2 T plus 2.5 cups of cold milk
16 oz cool whip - thawed
1 pint of strawberries - halved
1 pint of blueberries (you can use any kind of berry you want actually)
6.8 oz vanilla instant pudding (I used two packages of the 3.4 oz boxes)
First, beat cream cheese with 1/4 cup sugar and 2 T of milk until smooth; fold in half of the cool whip tub. Spread this over the baked and cooled crust.
Then arrange the strawberries and other berries you want. See...it's very Fourth of July-ish.
Mix the pudding packages and 2.5 cups of milk; beat 1-2 minutes, or until it's a pudding consistency. Pour the pudding mixture over the strawberries/berries and chill for several hours or overnight.
Spread the remaining cool whip on top before serving. I didn't get a final picture before dishing it up but it was very light and delicious! Enjoy!!




No comments:
Post a Comment