Thursday, July 12, 2012

Summer Heat and Business Happenings

Fair warning...this is a jumbled post of just about everything going on in the past two days.

What a beautiful July day today! Stella and I went for a walk this morning and half way into it I was sweating and Stella's tongue was pretty much falling out of her mouth and dragging on the sidewalk. We looked like one big hot mess.

Last night I met up with a few friends to walk Lake of the Isles. It was such a gorgeous night and as always it was great to catch up with the latest in everyone's lives. Hopefully I can join them again next week. Yes, I might be adding "walking club" to my long list of hobbies.

At class yesterday we had a Doctor of Oriental Medicine come in and talk to us mostly about accupuncture and importance of the yin and yang in our lives. It was pretty interesting too. He took the last 20 minutes or so to stick those of us who wanted it done with needles. Of course I got in on the action. One of my classmates got a needle right in the forhead!

It actually didn't hurt at all and I could barely feel it. Accupuncture needles are a lot different than the needles they use to give you a shot. Those needs are meant to cut through skin and tissue and they are hollow on the inside so they can either draw things up and out or put things like vaccines into you. The needles they use for accupuncture are not meant for breaking your skin and they are very fine because they are not hollow in the middle. Make sense?

Then after class I went to my first ever business meeting for our new venture MyStateLove! It was with a printing company and they are awesome! We can't wait to start working with them!

One more bit of news, my blog was added to a new site! Check out Minnesota Bloggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment