One year ago today I married the love of my life, my best friend. I know it sounds totally cliche but you know what? it's the gall darn truth! It has been one adventure after another this first year of marriage. Joe continued working on his Master's and I started Nursing school. We welcomed Stella into our home in January and even started a business together. We've been keeping busy with traveling and finding time to just sit with each other between everything else - even though that doesn't happen as much as we'd like.
This past weekend we spent it up at his parent's cabin in Minong, WI. It was the perfect getaway with great weather and lots of sun and water.
On Friday and Saturday we took the boat over to a couple of the sand islands in the middle of the lake. Here, Joe and Stella are playing fetch on Eagle Island.
Our private island for the afternoon and my favorite spot!
Out for a sunset boat ride!
And now sleeping...
Our humble abode for the weekend!
Two islands in the lake. The one on the left we spent Saturday at and the one on the right is known as "Party Island". You can usually find many boats parked up along the shoreline during the day!
My girl and I!
Stella and Joe!
Joe went for a sunset dip in the water. Stella really wanted to join:)
We had a hard time coming home on Sunday but know we will be there again soon before summer ends. It was the perfect to getaway to just hang out with each other, eat lots of food, go to bed early because we were exhausted from the sun and just be together.
I'm not sure what the next year of marriage will have in store for us but if it's half as good as this past year has been, well I guess we'd be pretty blessed.
















No comments:
Post a Comment