The sounds of my nephews playing, my sister's giggling, Mom cooking in the kitchen and stories being told by the men filled my ears this weekend. It was so enjoyable to be surrounded by my family all under one roof this weekend that it was hard to leave yesterday afternoon. Friday night everyone arrived - Mel, Nick, Andrea, Ted, Devin, Brody, Dan, Joe and myself. Of course the boys were excited that Crazy Uncle Joe was there, however, he ended up being sick all weekend and slept most of the time. My poor husband! He's still feeling under the weather but braved the elements for meals and opening gifts with the family. Devin told him that he was "Sick and Boring Uncle Joe" the whole time...haha.
We usually go sledding out on the hill but this year with the lack of snow we ended up going bowling. My brother has a wicked curve and beat us all although my Dad was right behind him. We all had a lot of fun and I hope it becomes a little family tradition. Next year, I'll bring my own ball!
We opened gifts, ate a ton of delicious food, played games and simply enjoyed being together. It has become one of my favorite weekends of the whole year. I'm a big family person if you couldn't tell. Before we headed out, Joe and I met his Mom at Bearaboo Coffee Shop where Kate now works. It was nice to catch up on the latest in the Shelerud household and see Kate hard at work.
Before I leave you with pictures from over the weekend, I have to let you all know. I start school today...well technically tomorrow because I have Mondays off. My syllabus for one class already is requiring me to read eight chapters and prepare for a quiz next Wednesday. That's ONE class and I have four others!!! If I don't post daily like I have been for the past many months, please forgive me. I'm going to try to find time to share new recipes, DIY projects and the latest in our life but I think it's going to get a little busy. I just can't believe I'm a "real" nursing student now, I've been waiting for this day since I started my first classes two years ago!! You can find me in the library from now on:)
No comments:
Post a Comment