Wednesday, January 18, 2012

One more Christmas DIY Project

Okay, I know Christmas was almost a month ago but we finally brought our tree out last night. Lady Balsam has been sitting, naked undecorated in our house since the day after Christmas but we just haven't had the time to take her out. Or we have just been really lazy. And truthfully it's probably the latter.

I did find a neat way to keep her memory alive though thanks to my favorite inspiration website Pinterest. I had Joe use his chainsaw to cut me off a piece of her trunk.


Then I took a permanent marker and went to work. It says "Our 1st Christmas Tree 2011"


And of course I put her name on the other side, "Lady Balsam"


I still need Joe to drill a little hole at the top so I can put a red ribbon through it to hang on our tree next year but it's already packed away in the Christmas box and put back downstairs. I'll get to that later:) Now, we'll always have a piece of our first Christmas tree together...literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment