Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Joe's DIY Project

For Joe's birthday he wanted a map to put up in his future office that he can pin all the places he's been. I picked him up a vintage map that ended up being a little too out of date and a little smaller than he was thinking so I returned that and he ordered himself a new one. He actually got the same poster I used for his wedding present and had it laminated. Sunday he went out and got his supplies to mount it on a piece of foam board.

Of course Stella had to help him out...



Here's the adhesive Joe picked up from Menard's. Note to future projects...spray this outside. It sure is stinky and probably not the best fumes to breathe in.


Joe picked up a tri-fold foam board (the kind you'd use for a presentation) and taped the flaps so they wouldn't move around.


Then he went to town spraying...


I'd show you a picture of him laying down the map but I had to help so no pictures. Instead, I'll give you one of Stella straddling me. Yep, she likes to lay on top of me...a lot.


While we let the map set, Joe grilled us up some delicious burgers. Joe made himself a juicy lucy with cheese packed inside of the burger.


After, he pulled out his box cutter and trimmed down the edges.


Oh hi Stella!


All done! Joe went straight to pinning all the places he's been. He's very proud of his map:)

No comments:

Post a Comment