Saturday night RedBull Crashed Ice was in Saint Paul. Well, they had been there since Thursday doing preliminary races and such but Saturday night was the finals along with 80,000 spectators! It was nuts! Joe and I had plans to meet up with our friends Anna and Eric, however, no one's cell phones were working and we never actually met up at the race. Thankfully we were able to meet up with them after to catch up a bit.
Joe and I made our way onto the side of a hill to get a better view of the races. Bascially, four racers would head down an ice path on skates with not much protection besides a hockey helment, gloves and if they were smart some padding. They started up near the cathedral and made their way down the hill to the finish line. I don't think I would ever have the guts to do it but it was sure fun to watch!
Taking the corner fast!!!
Found a flag on the ground so it became my new prop:)
The hill we were standing on eventually became a slide for everyone. We had found some grass and brush to stand on to keep us from sliding back down.
Then they sent down the U of M, UMD and St. Cloud State mascots. UMD BULLDOG WON!!!!
It was such a great way to spend our Saturday night:) I also have a big announcement I'll probably be sharing with you tomorrow if all goes as planned... stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment