On Saturday I allowed myself ONE day not to think about school and it was heavenly! Besides the temps reaching into the 70's, Stella and I took a walk on a path near her vet, then I spent the afternoon with some friends on the Nice Rides. Let me explain...
Blue Cross Blue Shield has a program called Nice Ride MN where you can rent bikes from docking stations across the city and ride around wherever your heart desires. All you do is find a station, pay the initial $6 charge and pick a bike! You have to check your bike in every 30 minutes in order to not be charged any additional fees and if you check them in within the hour it's only $1.50 extra.
We started near my friend Anna's house and made it to the first station to pick up our rides. Unfortunately, there were only 5 bikes and we needed six. Then we walked to the next station and the machines were down! I called the company and once they rebooted the machine up we were off and running, er biking. We made our way through the U of M campus and into downtown across the Stone Arch Bridge. We stopped for a cold beverage and snack at Tugg's and pedal back home.
We had a lot of fun and it was so nice to be able to not think about the pile of books waiting for me back at home. Although, now I really have the itch for summer...only a few more weeks! I can do this!!
My riding partners Kelsey, Anna, Anna, Melissa & Alicia
Kelsey named us and excuse my French, "Hell's Angels".
This takes talent people. Steering a bike while looking back with one hand to take a picture. Pretty sure I nailed it.
Melissa, our leader
Beautiful Minneapolis
And here's a little video Anna's husband took of us before we headed out on our journey...
No comments:
Post a Comment