Thursday, April 26, 2012

Stella Survived!

This morning I dropped Stella off at the vet for her big surgery. Joe and I don't want little Stella's running around someday so we decided to get her fixed. Before we left the house, she kept looking at me like, "Hey! Aren't you going to feed me"! She loves her meals people. I met with the vet assistant for about half an hour getting her checked in and asking lots of questions. They had a vet student there today as well and asked if it was alright if they took pictures of Stella during the surgery of her insides and what not. I said go for it because as a student myself, I would have wanted to see too!

As I was leaving, Stella was trying to get out the door with me. I'll be honest, I got a little emotional but told her to be a big girl and that we'd come get her tomorrow. My voice got a little shaky but at least I didn't cry and I held it together. Around 12:15 I received a call from the vet and they said everything went great and that she was recovering in a heated kennel. I did a little happy dance and let out a big sigh of relief. I am SO excited to see her tomorrow! When I came home from class today it was very weird not seeing her. Everywhere I look all I see are reminders of her...her toys are all over, her kennel and bed upstairs and ALL of the dog hair! My goodness I think our carpet has about an inch more of fluff nowadays and we vacuum all the time! 

Remember when I spray painted this frame during my spring break? Well, awhile back I ordered some pictures (once I get around to having Joe help me hang some of those pictures I'll show you what we did) and put one of my favorite pictures of Stella in it. Miss you Stella! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!!!


We're headed back home this weekend for my little sister's bridal shower. Joe is staying back to hold down the fort and tackle some homework but Stella and I are leaving after my class. Hopefully she's up for a little road trip:)

No comments:

Post a Comment