Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Let There Be Grass!

Last year I got a little out of control with the weed killer. Our yard is about 22% grass and the rest is every weed under the sun..crab grass, creeping charlie...you name it, we got it. Now, my dream before we leave this house and move on to the next is to get a great yard! And I am serious about this dream. That is why this year marks the start of "The Yard Revolution" (I just made that up). First step in achieving this dream is to plant grass. Duh! Joe and I discussed getting rid of the weeds first and then planting grass but we figured we'd probably be looking at dirt the whole summer and we're just going to embrace the weeds. For now.

I've already put two bags of seed down but these will be considered the "Before" pictures. Look at that nice dead spot in the middle of the yard! Created by yours truly!!!


As you can see...one big path down the middle of nothing.



Joe had to dig this area up when we switched cable providers last fall. Hello dirt!


Stella graced our yard with a hole she dug. Thanks Stella.


Yep, the yard needs some work! Big time!!


When I was at Lowe's today I saw a 20lb bag for about $64. I've been buying these smaller, 7lb bags at $24-25 bucks a pop at Wal-Mart & Menards. Not quite getting the best deal...oops!


Hopefully magic flows through these seeds and creates a nice lush carpet of grass. Wishful thinking, maybe so.


Hard to see but grass seed is down!


Stella enjoying her stick.


Now, we water....or to Stella, get a drink.






Haha! What a goofy dog! 
If anyone has any "how to get a great lawn" tips...please!!!! let me know! I'm flying by the seed of my pants:)  

No comments:

Post a Comment