Apparently I've been a baking machine lately and I tackled yet another muffin recipe last week. I actually just like making muffins because then I can have a second breakfast once I get to school and not feel guilty for eating again. Ok...enough background info as to why I like muffins. Here's what you'll need:
1 3/4 cups quick-oats
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups fat-free buttermilk
1/2 canola oil
2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
2 large eggs
2 cups frozen blueberries
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Place oats in a food processor; pulse 5 or 6 times until oats resemble coarse meal. Place in a bowl.
3. Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add flours and next 5 ingredients to oats in bowl; stir well with a whisk. Make a well in center of mixture.
4. Combine buttermilk, oil, rind and eggs in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Thought I had enough buttermilk but I only had about a cup left...oops.
5. Toss blueberries with 2 tablespoons flour; gently fold into batter. Then I thought I had enough frozen blueberries from my mom's garden and I had diddly squat.
So I threw in some raisins that I had in the cupboard...
6. Spoon batter into 16 muffin cups lined with paper liners; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar. Bake at 400 degrees for 18 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center. Remove from pans immediately. Place on a wire rack.
The muffins were good but I think they could have been better if I had enough of the right ingredients. They were a little dry but I didn't have the right amount of buttermilk and blueberries which I think would have made all the difference. Better ingredients luck next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment