Tuesday, March 6, 2012

We're Hiking Junkies

This past weekend Joe and I put 12 miles on our hiking boots. Our first stop was at Crosby Farms which was actually on the other side of the Mississippi from where we were last Sunday on Pike's Island. We walked through the woods and then along the river where Stella found herself an old fish spine and would NOT drop it. Joe's gloves smelled a little fishy for a bit! Ewe.


Joe found a vine and put in a couple of swings. I, on the other hand, was not strong enough to hold myself up so I didn't get much "swing".




Minnesota's version of the Redwoods.


A tee pee!!!





This dog came up to Stella, said hi and then went shoulder deep into the river. Glad Stella didn't join.





Zonked out after the walk.


Sunday we headed out to the Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge for a seven mile hike! And there's a $250 fine if you don't have your dog on a leash. Good thing no one saw us.





Beavers gettin' busy!


See the deer in the background?





It's safe to say Joe and I have found a new hobby for the weekends and I'm sure glad the weather is getting warmer nowadays. On our walk back we saw 30+ robins in the trees!! Now, a little family history, my family has a "thing" for robins. Every spring there's a race to be the first one to see them. I usually win since I'm more south than the family but the first sight of a robin is always exciting. Spring is a comin'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment