Apparently our new hobby, exploring parks and hiking, is the only thing Joe and I do on the weekends and the only thing I blog about. Maybe I'll throw in a little something extra over my spring break this week. Saturday was beautiful outside and we definitely took advantage of it with over a seven mile hike through part of the Fort Snelling Park along the Minnesota River.
I only hike in style.
We met a couple from Burnsville who ride their bikes on these trails. Of course they had to tell us about the wildlife they've seen which include cougars!
We came across this random boardwalk that we saw pieces of along the way here and there.
Made it to highway 494!
The trails were pretty muddy which Stella took full advantage of.
Here's a video! (I've been trying to upload two videos using blogger since 8am this morning...have to go this route since it's not working.)
The pipeline from Joe's work with jet fuel on it's way to the airport.
Tree carvings courtesy of the Beavers.
On the way back to the car we walked along the river for a bit and Joe started throwing some sticks into the river for Stella to fetch. She didn't go too far in and would wait for the stick to come to her instead of going in full force to get it. Except one time she got a little brave. She went in over her head and didn't pop up right away. I bolted to the edge of the water yelling, "Stella!! Get up!! Joe go get her!!!" And then her head came up and she started paddling to shore. The tears started streaming down my face because I didn't know if she would start swimming. Those couple of seconds she was under water felt like minutes. Here's a video I took before the incident...
We made it back to highway 77!
More on our Sunday hike tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment