On Saturday, Joe and I took advantage of our first Saturday off since the beginning of the year and headed out on the river in our kayaks. We started at the docks of the U of M campus and ended at Harriet Island in Saint Paul. I asked Joe how many miles the trip would be and he told me about 6-8 miles. All I have to say is, "Liar!!" It ended up being 12.7 and he didn't want to tell me because the last time we took the kayaks out we did 13 miles and I almost died from soreness and exhaustion. Sneaky sneaky Joe. Get ready for pictures galore...
Here's the docks we started at in Minneapolis.
The railroad bridge that we have actually walked across. Shhh....don't tell!
At the Ford River Parkway we had to take the locks through the dam. I did get a little anxious at first because I didn't know what to expect but it was really easy.
Down down down we go.
Heading out of the locks!
An eagle friend...
We made it to Saint Paul! The bridge in the background is the one we take every day.
I'm feeling it...this is the point where I found out how long the trek really was!
It was such a beautiful afternoon out on the river. Thankfully the current was really moving too...it only took us about 3-3 1/2 hours for the whole trip. I'm still pretty sore today even but it was so worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment