Well my friends, the seeds I planted a few weeks ago are finally making their debut! There is still a lot of work to be done but at least it's a start.
As you can see, Stella's hole is still there but it's not as noticeable as it was before.
Here's a close up. All the seeds seemed to have slid down to the bottom and didn't stick to the sides.
See...it's not perfect but we're getting there.
Oh...and now the ants have decided to show up, unannounced of course. They're like the crazy family members you purposely don't invite to family gatherings because they're a little wacky but they somehow still manage to be right on time. I don't get it.
And now for my next phase of the "The Yard Revolution", I want to plant a little flower/shrub garden along the backside of the garage. Let's face it, I'll be growing grass out of my ears by the time I get done with the lawn so phase 1 will never be complete. The back of the garage faces the south and gets that nice afternoon sun we all love. Not sure what I'll be planting or what would grow best so suggestions are always welcomed.
I would love to start working on this now but I have a feeling it won't start until we get back from our trip at the end of May. One week from today I'll be taking my last final for the semester and in two weeks from today Joe and I are off on our next adventure. We are SO excited!!
Oh and before I go, last night Joe, Stella and I went out for a walk around 9:30ish after he got home from class. It was beautiful outside (hello summer!) and like always, we like to take advantage of the warm weather when we have it. Anyway, all of a sudden we were witnessing a high speed chase through this quiet neighborhood we were walking in. Thankfully we were on a different block from the action but nonetheless it still made our hearts beat a little fast and I was scoping out places we could run if they crazy driver turned down the street we were on.
Shortly after we couldn't hear the sirens anymore so we assumed the driver made its way somewhere else. As we turned down the next corner, there they were. Cop cars with lights were flashing and the crazy car was facing the bluffs with the door wide open. We're not sure if the person tried to make a run for it or if he was already in custody. Either way, I am just grateful we spent a few extra minutes soaking up the warm evening at a nearby park before continuing our walk because the street this all happened on was the route we were going to take.
I promise, we don't live in a crazy neighborhood. It's actually pretty quiet for the most part.
No comments:
Post a Comment