Wednesday, June 20, 2012

And then it rained...

I am postponing my "semi-big reveal" project to talk about what's going on back home. Yesterday, the Duluth area got tons of rain and they have been dealing with flash flooding ever since. I can not comprehend how a city on a hill is flooding! People have been posting pictures on Facebook all day long with pictures and stories and it is unreal.

My family and Joe's family are above water which is better than great. Both my parents left work early today so they could make it back home before they closed the bridge in town. Sadie's workplace was flooded and my Dad's work picked him up with a tractor to get to the building because he could only get so far on his own.

Here are some pictures I've gathered from online just to give you a taste of what's going on right now...

Here's a car dealership...water as high as the roofs of cars


This is the Target and Grandma's restuarant parking lots


The seals from the zoo were swimming down Grand Ave. Apparently many of the zoo animals have passed away and the polar bear got out but was found soon after.


Sink holes are all over...


This picture was taken about 2 blocks away from where I lived in college. Thank goodness I still don't have my bedroom in the basement anymore.


Praying for everyone back home and hopefully the rain stops and the water starts lowering soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment