Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Running around with my head cut off...

I did not think my summer days would fill up so quickly. Here I thought I'd be really good at posting something to share with you every day and life would be oh so jolly. What the heck! I feel like it's the opposite and I'm not even working full time! I just finished working two overnights this week (both Sunday night and last night) so having to sleep until noonish to get just a few hours of sleep makes my day that much shorter. Thankfully I'm done until next Monday and Tuesday! I need to catch up on some sleep!!!

Tonight I have friends coming over for dinner so I'll have to start preparing for that here in a bit. I'm just glad the power came back on and the food didn't spoil in the fridge with the power going out at 4:30. Joe said a pretty big storm passed through last night that knocked it out. It still wasn't on when I went to bed around 8 but was back on by the time I woke up at 11:30. Whew.

Last week for my summer class, we had to spend some time (10 hours actually) at a nursing home visiting one on one with a client. I wanted to get my hours all done last week so I could start working on my paper so I was there every day playing bingo, reading the newspaper, giving manicures and of course visiting with my assigned lady.

In short, between class, volunteering at the NICU as well as the nursing home, working overnights, running to get the groceries and whatever else is on my schedule, June is wrapping up as one of my busiest months this summer.

In other delicious news, I found a new smoothie recipe that I'm really loving/ 

Banana-Berry Smoothie

1 1/4 cups orange juice
1 1/4 cups frozen mixed berries
1 sliced ripe banana
1/2 cup vanilla fat-free yogurt
1/3 cup nonfat dry milk (which I didn't really it called for dry milk until I made it a second time. I just used my 1% milk both times.)
and 1 tablespoon sugar

Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
Enjoy!!


I have a really BIG project to share with you and although it's not done I plan on sharing my progress along the way. Let's just say I'm already loving everything about it! More on that tomorrow...hopefully:)

No comments:

Post a Comment