Friday, June 15, 2012

Here We Go Again...

So the last time you saw our room it looked like this...


And although not much has changed, there is a little something new in there...


Yep, we have a new "summer" bedspread. Don't get me wrong, I love the one we have but something you may not know about Joe is that he is a heater. Seriously, when we were freezing our butts off in our tent in Sequoia, Joe actually took off one of his sweatshirts because he was "too hot". I grabbed that sweatshirt and put it on over my other ten layers!

I ran to TJ Maxx earlier this week because I had a gift card from Christmas I wanted to use and I thought I would just take a gander and see if anything caught my eye. Then I saw this one...I love the pattern! It's a very light quilt that I'm hoping Joe will not sweat through because if he does, we are out of options. We've tried a very thin down comforter, a mildly thin blanket, the comforter we had and now this one. Oh please let this be a keeper.


We also had these pretty green sheets that went with our last comforter and even though I know if the bed was made when people were over they would never know about them. But I couldn't help myself and ran out to buy white sheets. Knowing that green sheets were under our pretty white/blue quilt would have made me wiggle around too much. I'm not a matchy, matchy type person but I like things to flow. Hopefully Joe doesn't mind because I just changed out our bedding today:) Now that we have a bedspread to work with I guess I can start looking at paint colors! YIPPEE!

I also finally got around to cleaning off our back deck. When I was done I realized I should have taken a before picture but at least I got an after shot. There were tons of leaves and helicopters from our trees this spring lying around but now they're gone!


Someday I'm going to get rid of the old bench swing we have and get a cute little table and chair set. I'm thinking something bright and cheery!!

No comments:

Post a Comment