A couple days ago I ran to one of my favorite stores, Lowe's and picked up a few pretty little things. You know what else that means? I get to cross off one of my summer "to do" items!! Booya! As you can see I picked some flowers for the wine barrel, potting mix and a little sample of a paint color I've been thinking about for the living room/dining room/and upstairs.
It didn't take long for Stella to take her first victim.
Here's a look at my homemade dirt from our compost bin!!
Crazy Eyed Stella
I filled the bottom of the wine barrel/pot with the compost dirt and although it's not perfect, there are quite a few sticks and rocks in there, I was able to get a really good base.
I filled the rest of the barrel with potting soil and planted the french marigolds.
I also picked up this grayish brown clay pot for this lovely, oh so pretty petunia gem.
Now if only I could get a personal assistant when it comes to picking out plants/flowers for behind the garage. I feel very clueless and want to make sure I pick ones that compliment each other as well as ones that are relatively easy to take care of. Any takers or tips?
To do list for the yard:
* plant wine barrel
* add plants/flowers behind garage
* build a deck
* keep growing grass & picking weeds
* border around front/side of house
No comments:
Post a Comment