Did I just come up with a new pick up line? uh... ha. :) Before I moved in with Joe he had two friends from college living with him. Although they weren't too terribly messy (thankfully they kept their mess to themselves mostly in their rooms), they weren't the greatest at cleaning up after themselves in the kitchen. And by this I mean, when it came to wiping down the counters, putting away dishes and wiping off the stove when they were done cooking they weren't at the top of their game. I get it. Boys may not appreciate a kitchen with brand new stainless steel appliances like I do. Then I came a long and tried several products on the stove to get the build off grease and crud off and have it look new again. I would have taken even slightly new again. I spent hours scrubbing, soaking, you name it especially the burners themselves and nothing really worked that good.
Then I came across this little tip from a blog I found when Googling "how can I clean my burners!" I was determined to find something that worked now that I am the "woman" of the house. What is the magic answer? Straight up, stinky ammonia. You take a ziploc bag and put 1/4 cup of ammonia in with the burner and lock it up tight. I think I inhaled a little too much of that stuff although I was trying really hard not to. I placed them on a cookie sheet and brought them outside to sit over night. The next morning I filled up the sink with soap and hot water to wash the smeall off a bit and I was amazed at the results. This stuff really works!
In the blog it talks about how you don't need to soak the burners fully in the ammonia and that all you really need are the fumes to do their thang if you know what I mean. All I can say is thank you Jesus, my burners are shiny again. I will add too that they are not 100% back to their new off the shelves self but they are a close 99%. Here's some pictures of the before, during and after because I had a feeling this would be blog worthy. I was so right. :)
The Before: I wish you could feel the grime on these things through the computer screen.
The Magic Weapon: I picked this jug up at Lowe's but I'm sure you can find it just about anywhere.
The Pre-Soak: In tightly zipped bags and put outside in case one sprung a leak.
The Post-Soak: Roughly ten hours and maybe a couple more would have brought them up to 100%.
The After: Hallelujah! Let's the choir sing!
No comments:
Post a Comment