Thursday, September 1, 2011

Twins game and a trip down the Mississippi

Is it really only Thursday? I swore yesterday was Thursday. Bummer. I finally got around to uploading our pictures from this past weekend to share with you. It has been one busy week leading up to a busy holiday weekend but at least we have an extra day off! Last Friday night, Joe and I made it to our first Twins game at Target Field! Our original seats were on the second level Skydeck and we had a great view of downtown.




Although we liked our seats down the third base line, we eventually got up and explored the stadium and a couple seats in the outfield underneath the big Twins screen that were empty. Joe and I both thought those seats were better than the ones we had tickets for. We weren't as close to the action but you felt like you were sitting on top of the grass and being in the open air was awesome! Before we walked around, there was an older woman in the row ahead of us who was in the Powerball seat and we ended up making an appearance on the big screen. Do you know how many Twins games I've been too and I have never once made it on the screen? It was my lucky day I guess. Unfortunately the only picture we took my face is covered up due to the winning lady's hand!! C'mon people! We're up in the top left corner...Joe has a white t-shirt on and I'm covered up by the hand.


Here's a few more pictures from the stadium I took as we walked around and found our new seats.







Saturday I spent the morning and early afternoon completing my Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers class at school for my nursing program. Not the way I wanted to spend my day off but I'm glad it's done and out of the way. Now, I know how to give CPR although I'd rather not use my new skills so please, don't test me. :)

That afternoon Joe and I headed out on the Mississippi River to try out our new kayaks. First, we drove my car to a park where we would end our 13 mile journey and then went back to the house and miraculously fit the two kayaks in Joe's car. It was tight and we had to tie the trunk door down but we only had to drive about a mile or two to our launch spot on Harriet Island. It was nice because we were going with the flow of the river so when we took our breaks we were still floating to our destination spot at a pretty good pace.



Let me tell you though, I am not a girl who has great upper body strength. In fact, I have no arm muscle and within the first few miles I was already exhausted and my arms, upper back, hands, writs....everything was starting to feel it. Poor Joe had to listen to my complaints but I pushed on and finished the whole thing.





We had a great time and made land just as it was starting to get darker. We almost went past the car too because we were looking for this island (according to google) that was straight across from the park and it turns out...there wasn't an island. Joe saw the car just in time. I would have cried if we needed to paddle upstream. I'm not joking. I'm sure it won't be the last time we take a mini kayaking trip. I should probably start lifting weights soon though so I can last a bit longer. Here's a little video we took out on the water for fun...Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment