Monday, September 19, 2011

What the Junk?!

Oh hey Monday, you're back. If only I could have one more day added to the weekend then it would be much better. On Saturday I headed to the Junk Bonanza Fair at Canterbury Park bright and early and it was a magical place. Unfortunately I saw everything I ever wanted to find and I froze. I'm terrible at making decisions and without anyone with me to give me their two cents I walked out with only one thing. I swear, I could have filled up a U-haul (which there were plenty of the parking lot, oh and lots of trailers).

Let me rewind before I show you my purchase. Junk Bonanza is a place where you can find anything old, vintage, or pulled from a barn you name it! Think American Pickers (one of my favorite shows on the History channel) in one big building. They had old tables refinished and beauitful might I add, mason jars galore, wire baskets, old furniture, clothing, farming equipment, signs...anything and everything. 

Part of my problem was I was overwhelmed by all the greatness I found and couldn't think of what projects I wanted to start or what room to look for things. The other part of my problem was even when I found something I really liked, like an old dresser that just needed new handles, I wasn't sure if Joe would like it or not so I kept walking. He told me I should have just went for it. Live and learn I guess.

As for the one thing that I knew I had to get, here it is.


Sweet, huh? I thought it would be pefect for the house and I plan on putting it on top of the shelf/coat rack that I'm going to make for our kitchen. Not sure if I'll spray paint it (the red is bright red) or if I'll take off the cover, take out the lights inside and leave it like this...



Either way, for $30 it was the greatest find of my day! Like real gold! Next year I plan on being more prepared. I'll have someone with me saying "buy it!" or I'll go there with a list of what I'm looking for and just get it! I love junk. Junk. Junk. Junk.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this junk bonanza sounds like it would be right up my ally!! I mean with a name that fun how could it not be! I vote next year I come with you and we can do the picking together! PS. I love love the S !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I hold you to that Lindsey? It will be around the same time next year and I would love someone to come with me:) And I would really LOVE to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete