When Labor Day passes it only means one thing - summer has passed and fall is officially here. I've been trying really hard to be excited about fall this year and all that comes with it such as the beautiful leaves and those last few days of warm weather but my mind goes directly to 'winter is coming'. I'd take a hot humid day any day of the year over snow covered lawns and sub zero temps. But what can you do besides take advantage of those warm fall days as they come and slowly fade away.
This past weekend Joe and I headed up to his parent's cabin to enjoy the lake one more time this year. We had the cabin to ourselves the whole weekend besides Sunday when his parents and grandparents and my parents and sister came out for the day. Saturday we went out for a two hour kayak adventure (I did much better than our 13-miler down the river) as we explored a couple bays. That afternoon we headed to his cousin Brandon's wedding - yes, we had another wedding and we fully enjoyed not having any responsibility besides showing up and enjoying the evening.
On Sunday Tom, Sue, Ron & Pat, my parents and Sadie came out for the day. It was a little chilly but we still went out for a boat ride and took the sea-doos out on the water. Joe and my Dad had a great time on those! Ha. We shared a delicious meal and lots of laugh. Joe and I are very thankful our families get along so well. We spent one more night at the cabin and headed out yesterday morning. I always have a hard time leaving the lake because it's always so peaceful and relaxing. Life seems to slow down a bit:)
Today Joe starts his second year of his Master's program. Although he was dreading it this morning because his weekends will be tied up with school and Fall Turnaround at work starts this Friday, I think he will really enjoy his classes this semester. One is a financial course (he loves math) and the other is called Business Formations which goes through starting up a company. Hmmm...sounds familiar with his new company he started this summer! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment