Friday, September 30, 2011

One Man's Trash is another Man's Treasure

Look what I found on my run Monday evening!


And for FREE! They were sitting next to a tree by the curb with no "Free" sign on them but that's what people do in the cities. They put what they don't want out for others to pick up. We recently did that with an old computer chair (that was broken but still usable) and an old patio furniture set. We put them out late Sunday night and by the time I went to work Monday morning they were gone.

Thankfully this old window and two screens were only half a block from the house. I waited until dark to grab them and then yes, I ran home. I don't know why when the original owners clearly did not want them but I just ran so no one would see me.


I'm not sure what my plans are for them yet. They will probably sit up in the garage rafters until I decide and they definitely need to be cleaned up but I couldn't pass up FREE old windows when people sell these babies for mucho green dolla bills. Now everytime I'm driving/walking/running through the neighborhood my eyes are prowling everyone's lawns for their trash but my treasure.

In other news, it's Friday which means the weekend is rapidly approaching. Baby steps to 5:30...baby steps to 5:30. I finally get to start working on a project for our bedroom this weekend and I'm not making any plans except to work on the house/yard and do my fall cleaning. And I am PUMPED. By that statement alone you can tell that I'm no longer in my "early" twenties, I am a wife and I am weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment