Monday, November 21, 2011

First weekend at the new J.O.B.

I'm still processing everything that happened this past weekend. Today marks my eighth straight day of work and I'm really starting to feel it. There is light at the end of the tunnel though. Thanksgiving day will be a day shared with family and delicious food and I am really looking forward to my first day off.

Friday at 6am I started my training at Waverly Gardens. I felt (and still feel) like a deer in headlights just because there is so much to learn and take in. I wish I could walk in there, totally confident in what I'm doing like I've been there for years, but know that will only come with time. It's very challenging work but knowing that I'm helping someone is worth it when I walk out at the end of my shift. I've done more observing than actual hands on care during my training which will finish up next Saturday and Sunday.

I thought I would have a lot more to say about my first weekend at my new job but I'm so exhausted I can't seem to think straight. I think it's going to be great experience and that I'll learn a lot throughout the time that I am there. I just need about a hundred confidence boosts and patience. God has put me in this place for a reason (I applied to many, many jobs) and I'm excited to see his reasoning. It has to be good...I mean, we're talking about God here.

Update: Took this picture to send to my Mom on the first day of work! Gotta love wearing comfy scrubs all day long:)

No comments:

Post a Comment