I was one of the many deer hunting widows left behind by their husbands this past weekend to try and catch da turdy point buck. Unfortunately for Joe, I don't eat deer meat which means he's left to stuff his belly full by himself. Let's just say I'm scarred by a childhood experience when a dead deer my grandpa shot was lying in the back of their van, looking at me with its tongue sticking out. I'm sure my eyes were coming out of my head. Also, seeing the deer skinned and hanging in their garage over the years grosses me out.
Anyway, on Saturday as my Mom and Aunt Theresa were walking in town I got a text from my hunting husband...
J: "Haven't seen a deer but just had a big cougar run behind my stand. Tried to get a pic but was too slow. So cool!"
S: "Was she in her 40's? Hope that thing isn't hunting you!"
J: "I'd say late 40's. Never see one in the wild before..."
S: "Yea, well use your gun on it if you need to!"
J: "Haha no worries. I'd shoot if it I needed to. Then I could say I got a cougar" :)
You see, this is a prime example of how different Joe and I are. He thinks it's awesome to see a cougar out in the wild with only a gun to protect himself in case the cougar had other plans. A gun can do a lot of damage, I understand this, but I'd rather see them behind a glass wall. I, on the other hand, would have been running as fast as my legs could carry me, screaming and crying all the way back to the house.
***Hunting News*** My Grandpa shot a doe Saturday morning, him and my dad are still trying to get one more. And Joe's dad, Tom, got an eight point buck last night!!
***Update*** Add a doe on the list for my Dad!! He got one this morning:)
***Hunting News*** My Grandpa shot a doe Saturday morning, him and my dad are still trying to get one more. And Joe's dad, Tom, got an eight point buck last night!!
***Update*** Add a doe on the list for my Dad!! He got one this morning:)
No comments:
Post a Comment