Thanksgiving has come and gone but it sure was a great weekend! Joe and I headed up Wednesday night after I took my exam for Pathophysiology (100% on that might I add!!) and stayed the weekend with my parents. It was weird having a boy sleepover at my parent's house let alone in my room. Thanksgiving day we ate a delicious meal at my grandparent's house and then we finished off the night at Joe's grandparent's house. Luckily both sets of grandparents on his side were there so we were able to see both over Turkey day. Joe toyed with the idea of heading out for some early Black Friday shopping but thankfully decided there were no great deals to go out and get. I was still in a turkey coma so I don't think I would have lasted long anyway.
After spending Friday with Joe's family, we decided to get an early start back home since there was a rain/snow mix headed our way. We didn't want our two hour drive to take any longer so we pulled in our driveway around 11pm on Friday night. I finished off the weekend working my last two shifts of my training at my new job. I'm officially able to be "on my own" but I don't think I'll ever be one hundred percent ready. Guess I'll just have to dive in head first when I pick up my two shifts in December!! I'm a little nervous...
Before I get started on studying for this week, I have to share one of our family traditions that takes place on Thanksgiving weekend. I was so excited to have Joe there to help me this year and I think it turned out pretty good! Every year my grandpa goes out into the woods to cut down balsam branches to make Christmas wreaths! They have been doing this for as along as I remember and maybe even some time before that so I couldn't wait to take part in the tradition myself. Take a look in pictures!!
Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment