Wednesday, November 16, 2011

In the words of my Mom, "It's like Wild America Out There!"

That phrase still cracks me up! I remember a month or so ago my Mom was telling me about how their yard was turning into Wild America. There have apparently been a large number of skunks, raccoons and deer in their yard this fall and she also thinks she saw a Golden Eagle which would have been really cool to see.

Well Sunday afternoon on our way back from the grocery store, Joe and I saw Wild America invading St. Paul!




Do they not know Thanksgiving is only a couple weeks away!?

And I have to write this down because it deserves a spot in the 'ol memory log. Be warned, I am not a good storyteller and it's a story that you probably should "have been there" to get how funny it really was. Joe and I stopped at the gas station on our way home from getting groceries and we saw this woman, who was talking on her phone, pull up behind a car to wait her turn since the place was pretty busy. Right away we both noticed her tank was actually on the other side of the car but she's too busy yacking on her phone that she didn't even notice she pulled up to the wrong side. After we filled up my car, a few tanks we had and paid for our gas, the lady was still waiting behind this car. Apparently the driver inside was taking his sweet time.

Of course we wanted to wait and see what happened when she realized that her tank was on the other side of her car, so I backed into another spot and we sat there for a bit, pretending to look at something which was really our reciept. After waiting a good ten minutes and no driver of the car in sight, she started backing out to go to another pump the driver of the car finally car came out. She pulled forward again, STILL on her phone and got out. Joe and I just laughed. She waited a long time to actually get out of the car and now she was on the wrong side.

She got back into her car, pulled around to another pump and it was out of service! haha... I don't know why but we thought it was so funny! She did finally manage to get the right side of the car to a working pump and we drove off giggling. I wonder how many times someone has watched me make a fool out of myself?!

No comments:

Post a Comment