Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Giving Thanks

Turkey Day is tomorrow!!! I can't wait to share the day with our families and eat platefuls of turkey, dressing (oh the dressing:), potatoes, pie and whatever else finds it way to my mouth and into my belly. Two years ago, Joe and I celebrated Thanksgiving in the Land Down Under which is hard to believe its already been that long since we were there. Le sigh. Now, we're married and celebrating our first Thanksgiving as newlyweds. Speaking of which...four months ago today we were saying our "I Do's"!! As you can tell, I like to remember important and not so important milestones in my life. We'll spend the next two days back home and then I have to finish my training on Saturday and Sunday so we'll be heading back to our home Saturday morning to finish off the holiday weekend.

Keeping with the Thanksgiving tradition, I want to share what I am thankful for this year. My list is long but I'll highlight a few sweet spots here for you.

#1. I am thankful for my husband. I still have to pinch myself when I look at him because I don't know how I got to be the luckiest girl in the world. He makes me laugh, cares for me, supports me and loves me and that makes me love him even more. I also call him my 'suga daddy' since he does a great job at providing for me:)


#2. I am very thankful for my family. Each and every one of them. My parents, sisters, brother, grandparents, nephews, brother-in-laws, sister-in-laws, parent-in-laws, aunts, uncles, and cousins. They are the best! I am also thankful that they are healthy (besides Brody's allergies, poor guy) and doing well and I am thankful for my relationships with each one of them.




#3. I am thankful for getting into the Nursing Program starting in January and for my new job as a nursing assistant. I finally made it to the school this morning to bring in my health forms and update my school ID. Look it says "nursing student" oo lala!


#4. I am thankful for Joe's continued success in his job and in his Master's program. He is one smart cookie!

#5. I am thankful for LIFE!
Smiling from ear to ear:)


Cheers to a happy Thanksgiving to you! I hope you are able to spend time with your family and friends and take a moment to sit back and take it all in. We all have so much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment