Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Apple Pickin'

On Sunday I helped my parents pick their apple trees which were loaded by the way. They had about four trees that the deer and raccoons hadn't got to yet so we picked them before the animals had dinner. 

My Dad was an apple picker back in his younger years so he had this amazing bag (that's I've already put my name on) perfect for picking apples.






So long geese...come back soon!


Fall colors around the house






Twilight photo op


Love this bag!




I better start finding a few more apple recipes since my parents sent me home with more than enough apples to make at least ten pies. Suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. you could make apple butter and then can it- it will last one year!! (let me know if you want the recipe). You could also can apple sauce or plain apples in water to use in future recipes. Other than that I love me some apple crisp :) OHHHH you could also make apple cider (mmmmm soooo good home made!!)

    ReplyDelete