Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Yummy Apple Crisp


Last year when I made apple crisp it turned into one big soup like mess. I followed the recipe exactly and wondered if it had happened because I used Honeycrisp apples that were very juicy. I was a little apprehensive to try and attempt to make it again but it's one of my favorite fall recipes and you HAVE to have apple crisp this time of year. It's like a unspoken rule that you must abide by. Hey, I didn't make these rules up! Before I ventured out to make it again with apples from my parent's house, I called home to make sure I had the correct recipe. Turns out the one I originally had was wrong. For some reason I had a half cup of sugar when it should have been a half cup of flour! Sadie pointed me in the right direction, I rewrote the recipe down and boy does it taste good!

Apple Crisp

1/3 cup butter
2/3 - 3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour (not sugar!!!)
3/4 tsp cinnamon & nutmeg
Mix the first four ingredients together
Peel and cut your apples (about ten or so)
Spray pan and fill with apples then spread topping over apples

Bake at 375 for 30 minutes

Fresh from the oven and smelling delicious


Served warm with vanilla bean ice cream and caramel = amazingness


Bon Appletit!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm do you ship to PA? The Carmel makes it look so fancy too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a soggy package would arrive at your door. :( However, I'll see how much a big cooler costs to ship to you and if it's within my budget then yes...I will ship some Apple Crisp, ice cream and caramel all your way:)

    ReplyDelete