Happy Friday! Man, does it feel good saying those words. The week started off fast and now it's dragging of course. Probably because Joe and I have something fun planned for the weekend. After work we are headed to Madison, WI to celebrate his cousin's wedding and we finally get to see Jenna and Drew's place!! Nothing like spending time with the Shelerud clan...such a fun bunch!
I have to share an email from my grandma this morning about her Honeyed Apple Torte baking experience. It made me giggle a bit but I'm glad everything turned out just fine:)
Hi Sarah:
I must tell you about my Honey Apple Torte experience. I decided to
try your recipe - it sounded good. Anyway, after I got started, I
discovered I needed a lemon (which I didn't have) so I substituted
lemon juice (in one of those squeeze lemons) for the regular lemon juice
and lemon flavoring (1 tsp) instead of vanilla since I didn't have any
lemon zest. Then, I was measuring the sugar in the 3/4 cup and forgot that
it was only a 3/4 cup and not a full cup for the flour. Didn't discover
that till I was washing the dishes as the torte was baking. I thought it
would be a failure for sure by then. Anyway, I thought I had better
check it after a half hour baking time, and good thing I did because it
was done. I had it in a 9" glass baking pan. Anyway, in spite of all
the mistakes and substitutes, it turned out good. We have been enjoying
it the last couple nights. Thanks for the recipe.
try your recipe - it sounded good. Anyway, after I got started, I
discovered I needed a lemon (which I didn't have) so I substituted
lemon juice (in one of those squeeze lemons) for the regular lemon juice
and lemon flavoring (1 tsp) instead of vanilla since I didn't have any
lemon zest. Then, I was measuring the sugar in the 3/4 cup and forgot that
it was only a 3/4 cup and not a full cup for the flour. Didn't discover
that till I was washing the dishes as the torte was baking. I thought it
would be a failure for sure by then. Anyway, I thought I had better
check it after a half hour baking time, and good thing I did because it
was done. I had it in a 9" glass baking pan. Anyway, in spite of all
the mistakes and substitutes, it turned out good. We have been enjoying
it the last couple nights. Thanks for the recipe.
Keep in touch
Love ya
Mic and Papa
Love ya
Mic and Papa
Love the baking adventure Mic:) At least it still tasted good!
On another random note, I haven't written about it because I wanted to wait until I was able to snap a few pictures of the project but I keep forgetting to do that so I'll just go ahead and tell you about it. Last weekend when I was up north, Joe's dad and grandpa came down to help him on a house project we've been wanting to do. We needed more wiring for outlets and lights done in our basement and garage so they spent all weekend doing just that.
We now have a few more lights in the basement that are hooked up to a switch (I no longer have to pull a string to turn them all on individually when I do the laundry!!) and they added a couple more outlets for us as well. In the garage man cave, they added more lighting, a lot more outlets and even hooked up an outlet outside on the back of the garage and a flood light on the back of the garage for when we play night games next to the fire!! Everything looks great! Joe even hung up our kayaks and bikes which only mean one thing, winter.
Happy Weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment