Eventually Joe and I will get around to painting our main floor living area but in the mean time we, uh I, have decided to go with a sort of map/travel theme for our living and dining room. Don't worry...Joe likes the idea too. It won't be over the top by any means but I want to put little hints of it throughout the space since Joe is a huge traveler and now I get to jump on the bandwagon with him and join him in his adventures. Definitely a perk to marrying a lover of travel. :) We have a long bucket list of all the places we would like to see one day and in order to trace we're we have been I got him a little gift for our wedding.
Forgive me for the off center, crooked picture you see. I'm just glad I had one saved to the computer to show you! You can't really see them but we add a pin every time we spend a night in a new place. Yep, that's our rule: we have to spend the night in order for it to count. Otherwise we'd have a lot more pins on that thing. "Oh remember that gas station we took a lunch break at" or "How about all those towns we past on our road trip out to Glacier" You get the picture. Anyway, I ordered the map and had it custom framed and put together which he absolutely loved.
We love looking at it and planning out our future endeavors. It keeps us looking forward to the next adventure in life which is quite exciting. I would love to get an old globe or frame some of our pictures we have taken on our trips. Maybe a cool reference to Minnesota like a silhouette of the state on a pillow for the chair would be great too! Like I mentioned above...nothing too loud but something a little more subtle.
So this map will be our guide to adding the right elements to our living and dining room. It will show the places we've been and be a constant reminder of our favorite hobby as a married couple. Decorating your home is so much better when your personality can be reflected back off the walls.
No comments:
Post a Comment