Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Free Art!

I love people who decorate their homes inside and out during the upcoming holiday season. You never know how it will look when you walk in to their home and who wouldn't love to mix things up a bit and add some spunk to your normal surroundings. I wish I had more resources, time, and skill to do the same (I decorate for Christmas and that is about it) but as I become a more domestic, craft loving, homemaker wife, I'm sure I'll up the ante a bit.

Take a look at my latest and most importantly, FREE, project I did in less than five minutes. The other day I was out for a walk and came across this great leaf that was still green but the red was starting to creep through. It was the perfect illustration of one season leaving and another on its way. New beginnings are good you know!

As far as supplies, you'll need scissors, tape, a pen, paper, a leaf and a picture frame. All of which you can either find in your house and your yard.


I traced the original photo from the frame onto the paper so I could cut it and have it be the same size. Next, I rolled up a piece of tape and used it to stick the leaf to the paper. Easy peasy.


Next, I put my new "picture" into the fame and that is how you make free fall art.



No comments:

Post a Comment