What a wonderful weekend back home for Christmas! Joe and I headed up Friday afternoon and guess what they had up there....SNOW! We left a brown, snowless ground here at the house to find ourselves having a White Christmas and it was perfect.
We stayed with Joe's parents this year and were able to catch up with friends Friday night. Saturday we spent the majority of the day at my parent's house eating tons of food and even a game of "Hershey Kiss Lemonade Pong". Haha. That evening we went to his grandparents in Cromwell and went to the Christmas Eve service at their church.
Then at the Walli's...
Sunday we started with opening gifts at Joe's house, everyone got lots of goodies, then we made our way to the Shelerud Christmas at Joe's grandparent's house. We opened gifts and I even got in on a few games of Smear. If you know how to play the card game...then you are "in". We took a walk through Bentleyville and then Joe and I headed to my house to see my parents and Sadie.
Monday Joe and I spent some time at Spirit Mountain to get our ski legs working again because we leave for Colorado tomorrow!!! We fly out early tomorrow morning and celebrate New Year's in Glenwood Springs. We have plans to spend time on the slopes at both Breckenridge and Vail and Joe is about to burst with excitement. Every five minutes he goes..."I'm so excited for our trip!!" Seriously...every five minutes.
I will not be bringing my computer with, hey! I'm on vacation!!! so I won't post again until 2012! I wish you all a Happy New Year and may it be a year of blessings to you and your family!









No comments:
Post a Comment