Monday, December 5, 2011

I have good news and bad news...

Bad news: I somehow deleted this past weekend's worth of pictures I had including one unsuccessful project and one started but nowhere near finished project, decorating the Christmas tree and other good random ones. What a bummer! However, I did snap a few new ones for you.

Good news: All that happened the rest of the weekend. Saturday morning Joe and I had 90 minutes massages for $39 thanks to a couple Groupon's I picked up in July! I never knew my head and face also needed a massage once in awhile. It was such a relaxing way to start our mornings. That afternoon we went down to the Saint Paul's Farmer Market to pick out our very first "married" Christmas tree and we ended up choosing a 7-8 foot balsam tree! It's perfect!

Walking through the "forest" to find our tree!


Joe took one picture of me and said I needed to "loosen" up because I looked stiff. Guess my second attempt was better.


Joe with 'the one'!


Packed up and ready to bring Lady Balsam home!


The last picture I took before switching cameras. Tear ;(


Just need to find a tree topper!


And a look at a couple other Christmas decorations throughout the house. I really need to beef up my Christmas Decor selection. It's pretty slim.



I started working on our stockings as well but I'm not really liking how they are turning out. They look a little goofy I think and not at all how I thought they would. Maybe it's a good thing I lost those pictures! I do plan on conquering those silly stockings but I need a break from them for a bit. I just need to walk away, cool down and then show them who's boss. The first ones I made were a bit smaller than I thought they'd be and this was Joe's response..."So are we getting each other gift cards to put in those?"

The next project is going well, however, I think it might take me a year to complete: the tree skirt. I have the skirt itself done (except for adding the buttons) but it seems my sewing eyes are bigger than my capabilities and time that I have to complete the detailing on the skirt in a timely fashion.

This was my inspiration...isn't it pretty? I didn't feel like spending $160 to order one so I hit the fabric store to make my own.


I have three of the hand sewn flowers done. My goal is to finish it by next Christmas which should be do-able.


Lastly, Joe and I finished the weekend with "A Christmas Carol" playing at the Guthrie Theater last night. No cameras were allowed but I managed to sneak this one before the play started. Seriously, one guy got yelled at for taking a picture of the stage!


And of course we forgot to take a picture while we were there so this is us, at home, after the play.


It was such a great weekend that went by way too fast. Today is my first of twelve straight days of work as I am back at the new job this weekend. OK Sarah, breathe, you can do this! Did you do anything fun this weekend or do a little decorating yourself? I love this time of year and all the holiday spirit it brings:) I am so thankful to be sharing it all with Joe and our families!

No comments:

Post a Comment