Friday, December 9, 2011

Lady Balsam

As I shared on Monday, Joe and I picked out our first tree together last weekend and now Lady Balsam resides in the Shelerud Household. Yes, I named our tree Lady Balsam. She stands tall and has such a nice shape. Unfortunately her skirt isn't quite finished yet (those handmade flowers are taking a long time to make) but don't worry, she's not showing too much trunk. Sad part is, I don't think she will ever live long enough to see it finished. Poor girl.


I wouldn't feel too sorry for her though. You see, I think she has a wee bit of a drinking problem which for her means a whole lotta fun! Every morning when I wake up I have to fill her cup up and I have to do the same thing when I get home from work! I wonder what she does when Joe and I are both at work for the day? Thankfuly her drink of choice is free and comes straight from the tap. Oh Lady Balsam, the best, most perfect first Christmas tree!!

Joe and I sat on the couch last night in the glow of the lights. It's those simple things I love during this time of year. The smell of Christmas cookies baking in the oven, sitting by the Christmas tree, family time and having someone to share it with in all those wonderful holiday moments. Joe and I finish up our fall semesters next week so in between studying, work and all of life's activites mixed in there, I am once again reminded of how blessed Joe and I are.

No comments:

Post a Comment