My true love gave to me...
A lovely weekend with my sister Sadie.
This picture says it all. Friday after we got back to Saint Paul, we picked up Joe and went to grab some dinner at a restaurant downtown in Saint Paul. We were all starving since it was close to 8:30pm so we chowed down until our bellies were full. When we got back to the house we watched Christmas Vacation (a classic for the holiday season) but both Sadie and I were falling asleep through the whole thing while Joe played on his computer.
Saturday Sadie and I spent a solid five to six hours Christmas shopping and were exhausted at the end of our trip. We were both getting sick of all the people and the endless lines at the registers that at one point Sadie said, "We are definitely our Mom's children". So true...
That night I made homemade chicken wild rice soup (and it was delicious) and we took Sadie out for a surprise. I talked it up more than it should have been but there is this one house that has every Christmas lawn ornament and character in their yard. It's seriously blew me away the first time I saw it.
Joe did some researching and found a few other places worth checking out. This place had Santa and the Grinch running around.
And this one was the best one of all. You could tune into a radio station and the lights played to the sound of the music. It was awesome!
After our tour of Christmas lights was over, we headed to Andrea and Ted's house for a little visit. The boys just got a new puppy named Ruby so we got to meet her and Joe and Brody played hockey in the living room. Apparently Joe wore Brody out because he slept in until 8am the next day:) They were best friends that night...it was cute:)
Sunday Sadie and I watched "The Last Song" and I'm pretty sure I cried the last half hour of that movie. Poor Joe comes downstairs and we're both sitting on the couch, crying. We met my Mom around 1:30pm and Sadie and Mom headed one direction and I headed back the other way. I love having my sister around and wish we could make that happen a bit more. There is never a dull moment with her!
No comments:
Post a Comment